Thursday, November 4, 2010

Parenting

Ok, so as a new parent, I can't judge or know the perfect way to parent at all!! BUT, I have to just vent today about a few things that have happened and there was no parental involvement and totally pissed me off.

Today I took Brendan to the play area at Stonebriar. For the second time now, another kid has come over and pushed Brendan out of the way to play with these wall toys when Brendan is playing with them. I understand kids will be kids, but come on. The first time this happened this little girl came up and pushed Brendan away and he just looked at her and then started to push back. I automatically tell him no pushing why don't we try and share. Well this girl won't share so Brendan starts to push again, so I just pick him up and tell him no pushing and we walk away. As we are walking away the girl's mother was all "he was there first" I just kept walking when I wanted to say, "Yes, I know he was so where were you when your kid was pushing mine out of the way and trying to teach her manners and how to share!!!" Well, today this happened again with a little boy. Brendan was playing with another wall toy and the kid just comes over and pushes him out of the way. I once again try and get them to share but this was a much bigger kid and he pushed again, so I apologized to Brendan that he wasn't playing nice and took him away once again. Seriously, where are the parents in this situation. I know that kids are kids and have to learn to share, but it's the parents that have to reinforce this! It just made me so mad. Come to find the mother is on the total opposite side of the play area talking and can't even see her child!

Also, the other day Brendan is playing with something and this kid came and took the toy away. The mom then said oh child, Brendan was playing with that but let the kid still run off with it and just said sorry to Brendan. Grates my nerves!! I know my son is not perfect in no way at all, but when he takes something from someone, it goes straight back to whoever had it first. Not oh sorry my kid just ran off with your toy. MAKES ME SO ANGRY!!!

Ok, done venting. I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment