Wednesday, April 21, 2010

6 Months




Holy smokes my son is 6 months!! He is getting so big. He was 19 lbs 14.6 oz and 28 inches long. I can't believe how much he's grown. I think I noticed it the most the other night I took a bath with him and he had some toys on the ledge. I turned him and had him sitting in my lap and he was just playing with the toys and scooting them into the water. Looking at him all naked and from the back, sitting up all straight I felt so sad, but yet so excited and happy at the same time. He is just perfect.

Well, perfect until it comes to sleep. We had a talk with the doctor today and she asked about how he was sleeping and when we told her how he's been waking up anywhere from 2-4 times a night she suggested that we turn the monitor off, set the alarm for 3 o 4 AM to check on him and let him cry it out. Says he can go at least 8 hours without eating at this point and is just getting used to setting his enternal clock now getting up all these times. I have never been a fan of the cry out method, but here lately I've been giving it a shot. I haven't let him go more than 10 minutes, but in all but one of the times he's fallen back asleep on his own. It's so hard for me to "grow a backbone" on my child, but if that's what it takes to get him into a normal sleeping pattern then I guess that's what I'll have to do. Of course he didn't eat all of his bottle tonight so I've already told Quinton that tonight when he wakes up the first time I'm going to feed him since he didn't eat all his bottle after that I'll leave him be. He agreed. Already making excuses. Oh lordy!! I just hate hearing him cry.

Oh and we talked to her about teething and she took a look in his mouth and was all, "sorry it just really doesn't look like they are anywhere close". Seriously?! I feel like he's been teething since 3 months. I guess this is just his temperment and he has his "time of the month" like mom?! LOL
We got him this fabulous little Black GT Walker for his half birthday, but he hasn't quite figured it out yet. He only will use one leg and just goes in circles!! LOL. And he'll press the buttons and they play music and light up so he'll look down and the honk the horn with his mouth!! He cracks me up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment