Thursday, April 22, 2010

Meat...it's what's for dinner

So Dr. Kim told us yesterday to up our solid food intake and to start introducing meats. I already needed to get formula after the appointment so I picked up some "meats". Brendan had Chicken and Sweet Potatoes. I got it because he'd already had sweet taters. I'm an idiot and didn't even think too read the back to check the ingrediants, I just took the front label for what it said. Well, Brendan loved it! He ate half the jar. I decided to stop there so he didn't overeat. It wasn't until after he ate it that we say that apriocots were in it!! We haven't tried those and of course I just freaked out. Anything on him I kept asking Quinton "was that there already, he's not breaking out and having an allergic reaction is he?". I felt comforted by the fact that apriocots are considered one of the "least allergic" foods, but am so mad at myself for not checking the back. Will remember to do that from now on. I think he's fine and we went ahead and gave him the last half of the jar tonight.

Last night he was asleep in his bed by 7:45 P.M. He didn't wake up until 2:15 A.M.!! That's a major step since he's been usually waking up around midnight and then close to every 2 hours after that. I don't know if it were the shots or his new hearty meal that did it, but I'm so hoping it was the meal!! He did wake up at 5 A.M., but I listened to Dr. Kim and just turned the monitor sound off (she said turn the monitor off, but there's no way I'm ready for that!!) and he went back down himself without really a fight. Oh I so hope that's the case tonight and that he is turning over a new leaf. We'll see!

On another note, Brendan has started shrieking all of the time. He used to just do it every once and a while like when we were changing his diaper or taking too long in his eyes to do something. Well now he does it all the time for no reason at all. It's so annoying!! Don't know how to break him of it. Every darn book will say just to ignore it by doing anything draws attention to it and he notices that he gets a reaction. Well, wouldn't spanking him after each time teach him that he gets a negative reaction that he doesn't want!! LOL I wouldn't do it, but by the end of the day I just need to take a few aspirins!! Oh I hope he stops this soon. But if I had to choose between sleeping through the night and shrieking...or bring on the shriek!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment