Thursday, September 30, 2010

We did it!!

Well, we did it. Brendan and I survived 4 days, 3 nights without dad. It surprisenly wasn't as hard as I feared it was going to be. I think we just bonded even more, which was so great! We stayed busy and had lots of fun. So happy the weather is cooler now, although it makes Brendan sad because some days its too cold for me to fill his water table up. He is such a water baby! Saturday we went to Randall's (Quinton's dad) house and he saw the pool and just flipped out and kept trying to get to it until finally Q got in the water with him. It had been raining all day so we didn't think it would stop and even if it did that the water would be warm enough so I didn't bring swimming gear, but luckily I had a swim diaper so put him in it and Q got in in just his boxers!! Oh that kid is spoiled!

Met with the baker yesterday and designed his cake, it's going to be so incredibily awesome!! Got the invites out this morning too, so those should start hitting some people tomorrow. I can't believe my little man is turning one! Get a little teary eyed just thinking of how fast time flys. And with that I'm going to start sharing (hopefully, daily) some readings from this book I got when Q and I got married. "It's called Married for Life: Inspirations from those married 50 years or more." I think since having Brendan my focus is more on him than on our marriage and feel it's the same for Q. It's something we've talked about and know we need lunches, nights some little time away for ourselves. So I started reading this book and it's very inspirational. Will put in the following post. Hope you enjoy the readings as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment