Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Work Out Dilemma

So I need to get back to working out. I've done it EXTREMELY sporadically for a while now. I'm so mad at myself because I was on the fast track to losing weight right after Brendan was born, but then let it all go. Now my poor dear husband has to listen to me cry, complain every day about not liking the way I am. I know what I have to do, it's just finding the time. I've thought about it long and hard and the only time for me to do it is 5:30 in the morning, but it's so hard for me to get up that early to go run. I hate running in the dark and with daylight savings time around the corner, it's not going to be getting any lighter outside! I could go after Quinton gets home from work, but that's the only time we have to spend as a family on the week days. He comes home I make dinner and we play with Brendan. I could go once Brendan goes down, but then that's the only time Q and I have for ourselves to talk and just relax. Plus, I just think down the line Brendan is going to be involved in activities that are going to be after school or in the evenings and need prepare myself for that so it's best if I just start now getting up and going at 5:30. I don't believe in gym memberships anymore. I've had them numerous times but never get my money's worth because I hate running on a treadmill or elliptical, I get bored. I'll do the classes, but usually the classes I want to do are at odd times. I like to run outside and get the fresh air and see the nature. Of course, now that I've come to this decision, I will have to put it off for another week because my husband is leaving to go out of town Sunday-Wednesday. I don't have to put it off the whole week, but just bummed that I won't have those days to at least attempted to get my butt out of bed. Speaking of him going out of town, PRAY for us!! Us being me and Brendan. This is the longest we will have gone without dad. And next month he will be gone for FIVE days!!!

So I'm hopeful to stay encouraged and motivated and am completely freaked out and nervous about being a "single parent"!!

Now that I'm done complaining...thanks for listening ;)

1 comment:

  1. You go girl....you can do it! Call if you want to have dinner with P and me one night ;)

    ReplyDelete