Monday, May 9, 2011

Grief Stricken

I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I've blogged. Today I blog just to get out emotion. This is a friend of a friend story so I hope not to confuse. A friend of mine a while back changed her Facebook picture to a boy that was not her son and introduced me to her friend's blog, rockstarronan.com. Her friend's son, Ronan, was diagnosed with neurblastoma a rare cancer in children. He was diagnosed last August and since then the family and Ronan fought hard to beat this cancer. Today, this gorgeous blue-eyed 3 year old little boy lost his battle and I can't stop crying. A friend mentioned how they never knew how much you could come to love someone by following them on a blog and I couldn't have put it better myself. I've never met this courageous boy nor his family, but was drawn in to hearing about his life. Yes, I cried with each blog post, but couldn't stop praying and hoping this power of pray would give the miracle this family so desperately wanted. Parent's should NEVER see their children die, God apparently turned away when Jesus was dying on the cross because I suspect it was too hard for him to see and not stop, with this I just don't understand how he could let this happen. I just don't understand, and I don't even know this family, imagine how they are feeling. I've been crying now two hours and I didn't even know him. Trying to console me Quinton said, "we just need to be thankful for what we have and that Brendan is healthy" to which I angrily shot back "what, you don't think these people were thankful for their son and what they had?" He of course said no that's not what he meant by it and I know it, I just feel selfish being thankful for a healthy child and them losing theirs. He was only 3!! Brendan is only 18 months!! I can't even imagine life without him. It's just so scary. Life truly is so fragile and short. I pray that this family can be consoled in their grief always and find some way to carry on. There just are no words....

No comments:

Post a Comment