Monday, October 10, 2011

New Week

Had a great weekend. Friday we went to dinner with our neighbors, and Brendan's future wife, Sophie. I'm so happy that we met them. It was just a year ago this past week that we met at our neighborhood National Night Out. We went to Mi Cocina and then walked over the the live music. I stopped and got cookies as we all went to our cars to get our blankets for the concert. Sophie was too interested in feeding Brendan her cookies than eating them herself! Match made in Heaven or what?! Saturday we just wanted to take it easy. We took B to a pumpkin patch in Flower Mound. Apparently there are two patches right next to each other. I had seen something on the one we were headed to'swebsite about don't turn here, but here, but didn't pay much attention. Found a patch with a person waving us in and went. When they didn't charge for parking I looked just one lot over and knew this wasn't the patch we were aiming for. But in the end, it was great. It had the same stuff the other patch did pretty much, but all free, and I'm all about free. B got in some bounce fun and we took a wagon ride and hay ride and then picked out some pumpkins. I kept looking afar to try and see if I could find a difference, all I say were more cars, probably more pumpkins, but more charges. I hope we got the better end of the deal, but in the end it doesn't matter. B had a great time and we as a family were together. We took B to his favorite, Chick-fil-a, for lunch so he could get some "nugs" and playtime. Afterwards, he napped and then we ordered pizza and wings for game one of the Rangers ALCS. Ended up being a super long game. Two rain delays. Sunday we skipped church and went to the fair. OMG, so many fattening foods. I had a corn dog, and then halved w/ Q deep fried cheesecake, deep fried salsa, buffalo chicken in jalapeno pancake batter and cotton candy! Buffalo chicken was AWESOME!! Of course the cheesecake was and corny dog is just classic like the cotton candy. I was disappointed in the games. I remember when you just walked up to a game and gave them a dollar. Now you have to have a game card!! It cost us $6 to play TWO games!! And the easiest, cheapest games for B. I was so upset by this!! Anyways, today is Monday and Q is out of town. He left the house a little before 6 and isn't scheduled to land at DFW until 8:35 PM on Thursday, which means B hasn't seen him since he went to bed Sunday and won't see him until he wakes up on Friday. I was so upset by this because I knew if B saw him on Friday and Q just left for work it would be meltdown city! Luckily, Q has some time built up and is taking the day off! Good thing because I never sleep well when he's gone. The first night is the worst and then I can't ever get back on track. Maybe things will be different w/ B in school, but I doubt it. Need to get things done while he's in school, so there's no rest for the weary. Well, guess I need to try and start winding myself down. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment