Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Turning One Is Fun!!



So my sweet Angel turned ONE on Thursday!! I can't believe how quickly the year went by and how much he has grown. He weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and was 19.75 inches. Today he is 25 lbs 4 oz and 32 1/2 inches tall!! Unbelievable!! Especially for someone who still refuses table food and sticks with jar food! As of today he will eat Puffs, Mum Mums, Cheerios, Tortillas with queso, Tortilla chips, Bean Soup and refried beans (just the mushy part, not the bean) and occasionally I can get him to try a Teddy Graham, string cheese and shredded chicken. I'm getting worried. One of my mommy friends suggested a food therapist. Our Dr. said to give it another 4-6 weeks and if we are still concerned then she'd refer us to a food therapist. I told my mom about this and she said we go to a yuppie doctor. I hate telling her anything!! Time are changing and things are way different from when she raised me. I'm sorry if I'm concerned that my one year old will not eat anything!!!! Anyways, back to his b-day.


When he woke up we sang Happy Birthday to him and then after he was all changed let him open some presents. Played downstairs and ate breakfast. Mommy made him some Banana Molasses Oatmeal. After he had eaten we took him upstairs for his birthday surprise, a new KITCHEN!! He loves it. Loves all the cabinets and things to open and close. After he played for a while we got him ready and took him to Pump It Up, Jr. for the first time. He was a little hesitant at first, but once mom and dad got in with him he loved it. He especially loved going down the big slide with mom and dad. After PIU, it was back home for a nap. After his nap mommy began to start lunch. He likes Mi Cocina refried beans so I decided I'd make some. Well, that didn't go over so well. Guess they weren't up to par with Mi Cocina and he gagged and threw them up on the first bite! So annoying!! After lunch we took him to Yumilicious for some birthday frozen yogurt!! We ran some errands and then ended the night a Mi Cocina for dinner. Hugo and the manager Francisco (Yes, we go there A LOT) arranged for some candle lit flan and sang Happy Birthday to him in Spanish!! It was amazing!! Most perfect day!




Saturday we had his birthday party at Gymboree. It was awesome! He had tons of friends come and celebrate with him. We didn't get to really talk to anyone because we were too busy trying to make sure B was having a good time and Miss Linda had him in the spot light a lot, which I didn't quite know how he'd handle, but he was perfect!! Great first birthday. Glad we went all out for his 1st, next year will most likely have at house since by then all his friends will be walking and can have games and bounce houses. Can't believe I'm already thinking about his next one!! After the party, family came over to open presents.




Sunday we did his smash cake. He didn't quite know what to do so we helped him. He only tried a crumb of cake though! That boy! Next year will be tons of cake eating!!




So that was it. A whole year has gone by! CRAZY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment