Thursday, March 4, 2010

About me

I'm 29 years old. Can't believe that I will be turning 30 this year. Everyone talks about wanting a big bash for their 30th, I think I'd much rather be laying on a beach somewhere or taking in a spa day at a nice resort and a nice dinner. To bad my birthday is in November and it's cold everywhere in the states except for Hawaii, and I don't think we can afford that nor do we want to take Brendan so young.

I'm a very sensitive person. I get my feelings hurt very easily and take things too personal. I'm very stubborn and do not forgive people very easily. I'm a very "half glass empty" type of person. I just don't like to get my hopes up and then be devestated. On a positive side, I'm very outgoing now that I'm older and would do anything for my family and friends. I may not call a lot, but I love my friends more than ever, I just don't care to talk on the phone. Technology is great: email, facebook and now this blog.

Before I became a stay-at-home mom I worked for a state representative as a legislative aide. I got to travel down to Austin during sessions which was very interesting. I got pregnant at a perfect time because I was pretty burnt out. Before I got pregnant I was trying to get into a teaching certification program. There were many hoops I had to jump through. I was passing everything with flying colors, but then on my fifth and final hoop I failed my content test by 7 points. 7 points!! I had done everything else perfectly and this they wouldn't let me in. I was devestated. I often wonder about trying again, but I just don't want to set myself up for failure again because that was so terrible and humiliating for me. Maybe one day I'll try again. I hate that I think that way. We have this one life and should be living it to the fullest, yet I'll let failure hold me back or the fear of failure hold me back. I love the quote from the late Randy Pausch who said "Experience is what we get when we don't get want we want, and sometimes, experience is the best thing". Wish I could be so positive. If you haven't read "The Last Lecture" I strongly suggest you do.

I'm loving being a stay-at-home mom. My life now is a calendar of activities for Brendan. Seriously, I bought a big dry-erase calendar to put on the fridge that is pretty much to keep up with all of Brendan's activities, and he's only 4 months!! I hope I turn out to be the best mom in his eyes. As some of my friends know, there are parts of my family that is very soap opera-ish (you know who/what I'm talking about). I don't want that for my son. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful parents and I only hope I can be half the parent they were to me.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment