Monday, March 15, 2010

A Day Without Dad

Well, after a long eventful day I put one tired little boy down around 8:20 and mom got herself a nice large glass of wine. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be (knock on wood we still have the night to get through). We went and met two other mommies and their sons at the Arboretum this morning and it was such a glorious day. At first I thought it was going to be a little too chilly, but it turned out great. The only problem was that it was WAY CROWDED! We forgot about spring break. I got lucky and was able to actually park at the arboretum, but poor Carey and Cheryl had to park at White Rock Lake and walk. Craziness. So Brendan and I spent 30 minutes on our own for a while and he is so funny with flowers. He looks all wide eyed and reaches oh so delicately to touch and then squish, pull, and yank as many petals off as he can get in his hand! It was so funny. I wish I could have taken pictures of that. I'm definitely going to have to bring Q so we can take some good pics. We walked around, checked out the petting zoo, but we didn't go in, just looked at them. Then we put our blankets down fed them and let them play. It was so nice!

Later we went over the Mimi and Pappaw's where Brendan was in such a good mood talking up a storm. The hour getting to bath time seem to last an eternity! But, when it did he was so good and didn't scream after getting out while I put lotion and dressed him (something he always does for dad!! hee hee). He had his bottle and then was out. Hopefully he sleeps a really long time after the busy day he had. He's been getting up 2-3 times a night here lately so I'm hoping he's easy on poor ole mom tonight. If not, I'm going to be a little zombie I think!! Cross your fingers for us!!

1 comment:

  1. Little B is precious. I am so happy you two had a fun time while Q was away. I know Mom and Daddy enjoyed seeing the little B monster. Mom could not stop talking about how happy he was. She said once B saw Daddy his eyes smiled! He loves Pappaw! Although, I think daddy is the one with the crush.

    Kiss my sweet nephew for me and tell him his aunt Sarah loves him!

    ReplyDelete