Thursday, March 4, 2010

Starting Solids




So at our 4 month check up our wonderful pediatrician Dr. Kim (her name is Kim Smith and we call her Dr. Kim) told us we could start introducing solids now. Of course we've been on rice cereal at night for a while now, but anywho. So I quickly got excited and ran out and bought the Babycook Beaba so I could make Brendan's food. I figure if I cook for me and Q and I can cook for my baby. We decided to start with sweet potatoes. B is a little unsure of this new texture in his mouth, but each day he keeps getting better and better. It was now at all how I thought it would be. I thought he would automatically love it and gobble the whole thing up. Nope, not him. So was a little disappointed, but apparently they are only supposed to eat a teaspoon, so I'm sure the ate that much.
They say to keep with somethine 4-7 days to test for allergies. So far so good. So on Saturday we will be trying (drum roll please...) butternut squash. I'm really wanting to do bananas, but they say to always start with veggies so they don't get used to the sweet stuff. So we are moving to the butternut squash and then next week will be bananas. I'm so looking forward to this next stage of his life. I'm kind of nervous now on knowing if he's eating enough, but I'm sure he'll let me know. As you can see, and if you've held him know, eating has never been a problem for us ;).
So wish us luck on our new food venture!


3 comments:

  1. So glad you started a blog! I love seeing little B's face : ) Yay for solids, he'll get the hang of it. SEE YOU TOMORROW!!! YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a mess! He is too cute. He will figure out that food is for eating and not for facial paint one day. Aunt Sarah sends love his way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He'll be eating it all before you know it! :) Kudos for making his food, I take the easy way out and buy it already made! lol

    ReplyDelete